Skip to main content
HomeVintage Grill and Car Museum

 

 

Vintage Grill & Car Museum

202 Fort Worth Street

           Built around 1919, the buildings that make up Vintage Grill and Car Museum have always revolved around cars. The Bankhead Highway came through Weatherford around 1921, bringing with it automobile traffic. The Sanborn map from January 1921 shows a building with "gas tanks" on a diagonal at the corner, auto sales & office, a repair shop to the east, and a garage with a 50-car capacity. Later, the gas station would become the Greyhound Bus stop for Weatherford. The collaboration of entrepreneur and owner Tom Moncrief and the team at Vintage Grill have revived the corner and has proven that when the history of a building is embraced, great things are possible.  The buildings host a portion of Mr. Moncrief's collection of vintage and collectable autos.


Return to the Heritage Map