200 East Church Street
By 1905, this home replaced two of three smaller homes previously on this block. Hugh B. Dorsey built the home between 1901 and 1905 as he began paying taxes on the property even though he did not own it. He purchased the property from Sam H. Milliken in late 1906. In 1907,Walter O. Squyres, his wife Leota Arvena, bought the home. Mrs. Squyres lived here for the next
35 years. The couple took in boarders which probably explains why there are exit doors from the two eastern rooms. This is
now the last home on this block, having seen more than 110 years of Weatherford’s history. It is currently home to a law office.
Return to the Heritage Map