Santa Fe Depot
401 Fort Worth Street
The Santa Fe Depot was constructed in approximately 1908 as a modern station under the Jim Crow laws. Typical of the small town depot, the pressed red brick building features southwestern architectural influences. The three waiting rooms were segregated by sex and color and were divided by a ticket/telegraph office, which holds the original station master’s desk. The complete brick loading-platform remains intact and the building is very well preserved. The last train left the platform in 1959 and was dedicated as a historic landmark in 1960. It currently houses the Chamber of Commerce.
Click here to return to the Heritage Map