Galbreaith-Pickard Funeral Chapel
913 North Elm
The Chapel was built in 1894 as the Elm Street Methodist Church. The Church name was later changed to Couts Memorial Church in memory of Mrs. J. R. Couts, one of Weatherford’s most distinguished citizens and the founder of the Citizens First National Bank. The building features Victorian fish scaling in the upper eaves and original Gothic-style windows on the north and east side. Galbreaith-Pickard has occupied the building since 1954.
Click here to return to the Heritage Map