410 West Lee Avenue
The Queen Anne Victorian style home was built in 1892 by William Hass. Mr. Hass was a merchant whose dry goods store was located on North Main Street in Weatherford. The home is situated on Merchants Row, so named because of the number of dry goods merchants who had homes along West Lee. Living along Merchants Row had another advantage; the street in front of the house is wide enough to turn a horse and buggy completely around. This must have come nicely into play when in 1908 the home was the scene of an elegant wedding for one of the Haas daughters.
Located near Weatherford’s earliest power plant, it was among the earliest homes in the city to have electricity. Constructed on a frame of two by six lumber, the house is noted for its variety of shapes and textures in an asymmetrical composition. The front porch still retains its original gingerbread stick and ball trim, turned oak spindles, and an unusual gazebo-styled corner. Queen Anne gables arch the entry to the home. All of the downstairs rooms have twelve foot ceilings. Door transoms and classic moldings are original to the house. A focal point in the reception hall is the white pine staircase and the half circle window located on the landing.