502 South Waco
This house was built in 1895, for the Dr. D. S. Switzer, the first President of Weatherford College. The home is located one block from the original site of the college. It began as Dr. Switzer’s residence and a dormitory for female students. Originally built as a Queen Ann style, it has evolved into its present Georgian Colonial style. The house has its original bulls-eye molding and decorative doors. The ceiling, originally 14 ft, is now 10 ft to accommodate modern heating and cooling.
Return to the Heritage Map