311 West Oak Street
Originally a two-room rock house begun in 1874 by D. O. Sullivan, postmaster of Weatherford, this home was purchased by the R. F. Bell family and expanded in 1894. Mr. Bell owned Bell Hardware. The second story was added by the Sam Woody, a rancher, when he purchased the home in town for his wife and four daughters in 1905. Features include a large wrap-around porch and sconces that run around the middle of the house; these were once located under the eaves of the roof when it was a one-story home.
Click here to return to the Heritage Map