The Milliken House
708 South Waco
The home was originally built as a single story house in 1883. Later a second story was added around 1903/1907 by architect Evan Jones Jr. for Robert Bruce Milliken, postmaster of Weatherford and his wife, Julia Barthold Milliken. The Ionic columns and wrap around front porch typify its Greek Revival style. The kitchen is part of the original single story house. The solaria were added during restoration and used lumber milled to match the original clapboard. Four generations of Millikens lived in the house.
Click Here to Return to the Heritage Map