212 West Simmons
Built in the early 1900’s by C. W. Putnam and his family, this beautiful two-story Victorian home features an intricate gingerbread wood porch. Interior amenities include thirteen-foot ceilings, hardwood floors, stained glass windows, and period antiques. Mr. Putnam was the proprietor of a jewelry store located in the old Shropshire Drugstore on the Weatherford Square. Mrs. Putnam was a descendent of the Caruthers family who were early pioneers of Weatherford. Mr. Putnam purchased the land on which the home sits in 1892 from the Cumberland Presbyterian Church.
Return to the Heritage Map