301 East Park
Mr. F. M. Tomlins, a watermelon farmer, built this home in 1918, originally with three bedrooms to accommodate his 11 children. In 1942, the home was purchased by Parker County native W.W. Glen and his wife, Rebecca. Gambler William “Boston” Smith purchased the home in 1956 intending to move it in order to “develop” the property. However, the large tree in the front yard thwarted his plans. The main entry door was salvaged from the original Weatherford College.
Return to the Heritage Map